Calgary Greenworks has been building gardens since 1975 with a reputation for excellence in landscape services in the Calgary area. We assure our discerning clients top-notch experience and a commitment to service that is second to none in the industry.
To support our commitment to excellence, we hire only the best. We treat our staff like family. We want courteous, professional and responsive people to work on our projects. While landscaping is a seasonal business, we pride ourselves on the amount of repeat employees we get back year after year. That is a testament of our company and the desire of our staff to work on the best landscapes in Calgary. It is also a lynch pin of our success in delivering our clients the best in landscape services.
Calgary Greenworks is looking to hire for a variety of positions, work may start in April with spring cleanups and generally full construction commences in May. Flexibility with regard to exam schedules will be provided. For most, our season ends in early September; however the ability to continue to work into September and October is an asset.
General Position Requirements
- Calgary Greenworks is a non-smoking company, smoking on job sites or in company vehicles is not permitted.
- The ability to get to job sites around Calgary and area using your own vehicle is required.
- CSA approved footwear is required.
- Personal use of cell phones during work hours is not permitted except for emergencies.
- Respect for our clients property and that of their neighbours requires that language and music are not offensive.
- Overtime is compensated by way of an overtime agreement.
Supervisor, Operations & Maintenance
Reporting to the General Manager the successful applicants will have experience in all aspects of landscape construction, both hard and soft. The ability to read and interpret plans, operate equipment and independently manage multiple job sites is required. Ability to supervise, direct and motivate multiple landscape crews is critical. Applicants should demonstrate a strong, positive leadership style. Planning, communicating, organizing and implementing daily and overall project goals are essential.
The responsibilities of the position include
- managing projects including on site scheduling, directing staff, coordinating deliveries, sub contractors, vehicles and equipment;
- managing projects on budget and time;
- directing and participating in landscape work including hard landscaping, planting, irrigation installation, demolition etc.,
- assisting with preparation of quotations, tracking project activities and staff hours for submission to payroll ;
- driving company vehicles, pulling trailers, schedule equipment & vehicle maintenance, complete minor repairs to equipment & tools;
- operating the skid steer and other company equipment;
- monitor field staff morale and work to promote a total team effort;
- ensuring staff wear appropriate safety equipment;
- evaluating the safety aspects of the job site and taking appropriate precautions and mitigative measures where and when necessary;
- other activities that are incidental and necessary to complete the project according to our plans and the customers desires as assigned by the General Manager or Owner.
- Pay range from $25 to $30 per hour depending on experience.
- Cell phone allowance for use of personal cell phone at work.
- A bonus opportunity of up to 5% of your base salary for the season. Such bonus to be based on overall company performance including financial results, productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, leadership, project management and staff turnover, etc.
- A work week that respects your personal time, normal hours of work are from 8am – 5pm Monday thru Friday and 9 to 1 on Saturdays however overtime can be expected. Statutory holidays are observed.
- You will be provided with a company vehicle as you will be required to report to job sites directly in the morning and work outside of normal office hours.
- Pay period – every two weeks upon submission of hours.
- Overtime & General Holiday Pay will be paid in accordance with Alberta Labour Standards and in accordance with an overtime agreement between yourself and Calgary Greenworks.
Season – anticipated start date April 7 2015, anticipated season end date October 31 2015.
Vacation Pay will be paid out at the ‘Season End Date’.
Greenworks will provide WCB coverage for you.
You will be provided with a company credit card for the express purpose of purchasing gas, oil and vehicle washes for company equipment and incidental purchases of materials, tools, parts, etc. necessary to complete projects.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org