Reporting to the Supervisor, Operations & Maintenance, successful applicants will have experience in all aspects of landscape construction, both hard and soft. The ability to read and interpret plans, operate equipment and independently manage a job site is an asset. Ability to supervise, direct and motivate a landscape crew is critical. Applicants should demonstrate a strong, positive leadership style. Planning, communicating, organizing and implementing daily and overall project goals are essential.
- A valid driver’s license, your own vehicle, and an acceptable driver abstract are required.
- An appreciation for team dynamics and the ability to lead and direct a group in a positive manner.
- A mechanical aptitude and familiarity with landscaping equipment (saws, tampers etc.).
- Ability to perform physically demanding work and a willingness to do so outside in Calgary’s summer weather.
- Basic plant knowledge and understanding of care is critical.
- Accurate record keeping of materials, time and labour is essential.
- Ability to construct hard landscapes (retaining walls, paving stones etc) is essential as is experience with irrigation systems and plant installations.
- Experience operating a skid steer is desirable.
- A work week that respects your personal time, normal hours of work are from 8am – 5pm Monday thru Friday and 9 to 1 on Saturdays. Statutory holidays are observed.
- Overtime is compensated by way of an overtime agreement.
- Wage based on skills and experience. ($20-$24/hr)
- Electronic fund transfers directly into your bank account every 2 weeks.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org